Friday, December 28, 2012

My DISORDER
The NOT SO SWEET truth in my world
This is "about me" this is my journey with my struggles. 
 I have much to share.... for today it is the realization that I can put a name to one of my biggest challenges: 



SIID
SELF Induced Inflammation Disorder
(PLEASE do not worry, I just made this up)
*Please note that I am not a licensed medical professional. I do not diagnose, treat, or prescribe for any illness or health issue. The information or advice provided here should not be construed as medical advice. If you chose to use any of the natural remedies or advice discussed here, you will be taking responsibility for your own health and wellness*
                                                                                                                                       Any attitude is purely my own


The symptoms:

*avoidance of mirrors
*seeing the need for bigger clothes
*wanting to keep my winter coat on
*yanking up pants
*yes, bigger undies... 
(this is truth, okay?)

THE CAUSE:
For me is is "sugar" all I need is one taste to set my brain and body in a downward spiral. Not everyone has this problem but I know many do!


From a friend:

"We're dealing with something
stronger than a drug addiction, so it ought
to not come as a surprise. I really abhor 
sugar now but I still think about a nice big
creamy banana cream pie for example once in a
while, and occasionally have given in to a
tiny taste, but have never gone back. It is
powerful stuff!"



There is also this:

(an awesome friend found this while researching)
More and more research is concluding that sugar is not only 
unhealthy, but actively destroys cells in the body with a domino-
effect of insulin and free radicals. I'm sure not many doctors and 
health professionals would argue that sugar is in any way healthy,
 or even meant to be consumed by humanity. The entrance of 
refined sugar and flour into the human diet is pretty much where
disease, diabetes, obesity, and other lifestyle diseases entered at 
full-force.
There are actually a lot of studies out there too that are showing 
sugar to be carcinogenic. Once again, it's not the sugar that causes 
cancer, but rather the process by which sugar is metabolized by the body.
I'm sure in moderation for some people, sugar is not as damaging. I, 
myself, can't handle it in moderation. At least not for now. I 
personally don't believe it is even meant to be consumed, therefore 
I'm not really looking at it like something to treat myself with.
Fruit is absolutely fine for me. Fruit contains all the fiber and
vitamins needed for the metabolization of the fructose in it, and if 
nature made it that way, then that's good enough for me!
Once again, I know not everyone will take to this, or even agree
that sugar is that damaging. That's fine. But I thought maybe my
recent insights on self-discipline could help people for things other 
than quitting sugar, too. ~Unknown


I know sugar feeds cancer cells. 

It also does a REALLY GOOD job of feeding FAT

 CELLS. 


Then you have 60 Minutes and 

Dr. Lustig  


My goal for 2013 is to STAY on the best HEALTH PATH for me!!! 
This is NOT about you or you or you...
 but you are WELCOME to come along with me so we can share the joys and positive stuff and pull each other up as we slip and fall.  My journey will and HAS TO BE 
SUGAR FREE
Each day is a new beginning... Each day we can use our strength, tools and resources to grow and progress! I don't want to hold on to the past, I want to use everything I've experienced! 

I'm on the right path for ME, I know it! I am RESOLVING to do some good stuff this year, making 2013 a VERY LUCKY number for many (I hope!) 

*Health
*Fitness
*Keep up with this BLOG 
*Share LOTS of good stuff from anywhere and anybody  I can learn from!
*Take my business to the level it deserves

Come with me! I want to be my best


4 comments:

  1. Thank you, Susan! After reading your blog, I know I am also addicted to sugar (last night, for example, there was an open box of chocolate covered malt balls on the counter. What did I do? I said to myself, I'll have one malt ball .....- after finishing all the box I still wanted more sugar!). I sipped a cup of hot cocoa but was not satisfying because it was not SWEET ENOUGH!!! This was a great leasson for me. It is the very first time that I directly feel my addiction taking over my thinking mind so quickly. Now that this realization is clear in my mind, I am not afraid of it, I accept this realization with gratitude because it is through it that I can choose not to open the door (not even an inch) to the addiction - for I know the end.
    Thank you for posting this blog. You are one of my greatest inspirations. Your honesty, your candid acceptance of who you are, and your willingness to share your own journey with all of us is priceless. I send you my love, Susana :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SO MUCH Susana! This is about ALL of us, the more we care and share the more we each can learn! TOGETHER..... no matter what

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susanna,
    OMG! I am one of those sugar addicts. I bought sugar free baking chips (with substitute sugar in them) to try out a friend's recipe. I didn't feel like cooking that night. As I was watching tv, I said to myself-I will just have a handful...needless to say the bag was empty before the night was out. It is such an addiction for me. The physical pull once you put even a little in your system is unbelievable. I am a recovering drug addict, with over 15 years of abstinence...but yet I can't 'kick' sugar! I am so glad to not be alone in this struggle. We can do this together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Susan this is an awesome tool to utilize on my own journey i have rheumatoid arthritis as well as chronic fatigue i have been grain free gluten free sugar for months i let my guard down over Christmas which was a big mistake i have been very sick since have been back clean eating for the past week and i am beginning to feel a bit better felt like i had been poisoned no more cheating for me :-)

    ReplyDelete